A jewelry box. An apron. A recipe book. A blanket. A mug. Some coasters. Hot chocolate. A topiary. Some ornaments. A wreath. A coffee maker. A camera. Some soap. AND a new pair of sneakers. Believe me, I have struggled a bit with the concept of giving away a new pair of sneakers for April’s 1 For Me // 1 for You. After all, they aren’t necessarily what you’d call pretty. They don’t smell good. And they don’t make for good decoration. But they ARE pretty cool, and they’ve recently replaced my hot pink kicks (the ones I always wore with my bright purple gym pants, to – you know – complete my clown metamorphosis).
The other day, like the countless days before it, I promised myself I’d get back to the gym on a consistent basis. But then my subconscious went all devil’s advocate on me. “What if you DIDN’T go to the gym today? What if you stayed home and played with Sully instead? What if you got a little more work done? Just sit at your desk and ride an imaginary bicycle with your legs! That’s just as good, right?” ;) I then had a revelation: When all else fails to motivate, buy some cute new gym clothes! Step one – updating the sneaks. To Reebok‘s new RunTones to be precise! Cute AND innovative. But more to come on that later. First, let’s review the rules on how 1 For Me // 1 For You works.
- What is it? It’s pretty simple… If I have one of something that I find functional, fashionable, or just plain fun, I send one of you a duplicate!
- Who can enter? Anyone and everyone who reads this blog. Whether you’re a friend, client, past client, future client, or random reader somewhere out there in Internet land, enter away! (Please see the not-so-fine print below for full rules and restrictions!)
- How long do I have to enter? You’ll have until next Saturday, April 9th at midnight CST to enter. The winner will be chosen at random using the random number generator at Random.org and announced the next morning (always the second Sunday of the month).
- Awesome! How do I get my shot at winning? You must comment (and answer the specific question asked at the end of the post) on this 1 For Me // 1 For You post to enter. Comments left via Facebook, Twitter or elsewhere will not be taken into consideration.
- But why? Because I can’t be the only one with waning motivation. At least, I hope not. :)
*Keep in mind that both girls AND guys are welcome to enter. Reebok makes RunTones for everyone. The only prerequisite you’ll need is feet. :) Once the winner is chosen, he or she will have their pick from any of the RunTones on Reebok.com, and there are 20 options. Now onto the pictures!*
According to Reebok‘s website, RunTones feature “built-in balance pods that create micro-instability with every stride. The athletic-inspired shoe has a lightweight, breathable mesh upper and a low-cut design for added mobility.” The micro-instability is of course intended to make your muscles work harder to stabilize the body while running. I’ve yet to use them for very long, but I can definitely feel the difference when working out. And yes, I got the purple ones. :)
At the risk of sounding just like the Famous Footwear chick who sold them to me, these sneakers are really so comfortable. It’s seriously crazy.
Question to Enter: How do you stay motivated? Your answer doesn’t have to involve the gym or exercise, but simply, an explanation of how you keep on keepin’ on when it comes to daily life and everyday tasks. Lists? Rewarding yourself with a cup of ice cream per every quarter mile you run? Let me have ’em.