Hello Internet friends! Can you believe it’s December already?! With the first Sunday of Advent upon us, it’s time for the last 1 For Me // 1 For You giveaway of the year. And the story behind this one has just recently come to my attention and moved my heart. Story Company is a network of entrepreneurs who partner with impoverished artisans all over the world. Artisans who’ve been victims of sex trafficking, genocide, HIV/AIDS, and so many other devastating circumstances. Artisans who, without Story Company, could only dream of selling their creations in a global marketplace. You see, Story Company is aptly named. Because it works to CHANGE these artisans’ stories. Through recognition. Empowerment. And restoration. Now here’s the scoop this month…
- What is it? Each month, a winner receives a duplicate of something I find fashionable, functional, or fun!
- Who can enter? Friends, clients, random readers, etc.! (Please read the not-so-fine print below.)
- How long do I have to enter? You have until next Saturday, 12/8 at midnight CST to enter. The winner will be chosen using the random number generator at Random.org and announced on Sunday, 12/9.
- How do I enter? You must comment (and answer the question asked at the end of this post) to enter. Comments left via Facebook, Twitter or elsewhere will not be taken into consideration.
- But why? Because you can help change someone’s story. And that’s pretty amazing!!
This month, we’ll be giving away one item of jewelry (of your choice) via Story Company! From the winter or fall collection – you just have to pick your favorite. :) All pieces are fair trade, fashionable, and made with INCREDIBLE quality. I was super happy to finish out my Christmas shopping with Story Company this year!!
And here’s my own favorite – the gold Harshali necklace. Named for one of the Mata artisans who created it, the Harshali necklace is crafted with brass and measures between 11″ and 13″ depending on where you clasp it. You can read more about Mata Traders and how they provide economic advancement for women in India HERE. Oh, and many thanks to my handsome husb (Yes, husb. Not hubs.) for taking these next few of shots! :)